As parents, we constantly complain about not getting enough exercise. But if we really think about it, we get more exercise then we think and we have our children to thank for it. Let’s evaluate…
1.From birth, we’ve carried around our precious little ones in those heavy car seat carriers, switching from one arm to the other. Then, when they outgrew the carriers we picked them up and carried them around. But all the reps gave us….
Biceps and Triceps
2. From the time our kids were potty trained, we’ve been squatting, using our legs and glutes to hold them up over public restroom toilet seats. Yes, they’re heavy AND we hate public restrooms, BUT the potty squats strengthened our…..
Hamstrings and Glutes
3. I’ve been chasing my kids around since they’ve been able to walk, sometimes for fun, most times not. Nevertheless. BAM. Instant cardio and better….
4. I practice calming my mind, most often by chanting. I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids, I…..LOVE…..MY…..KIDS. And when that doesn’t work, I give myself a time out and practice…..
5. We are constantly getting up and down. Never sitting long, before having to get up and do something else. But thankfully this motion forces us to tighten our….
6. Running up the stairs, coming down the stairs. We will do this at least 20 times a day. Upside: Running stairs improves our endurance and helps sculpt our….
7. It never fails,whenever we get in the car a child wants to hand us something. We are expected to drive, turn our bodies completely around while keeping our eyes safely on the road. No worries though, We’re really stretching our……
So the way I see it, there’s no need to pay for an expensive gym membership, when you have kids. RIGHT?!?
Til next time,